The function POWER takes two Numbers, b and n, and returns bn.
POWER(b, n) -> number
- b (required, type: Number)
- Any Number; this is the base number that will be taken to the power of n.
- n (required, type: Number)
- Any Number; this is what b will be taken to the power of.
- number (type: number)
- The numerical estimation of b raised to the nth power, or bn.
The following example calculates 23:
POWER(2, 3) -> 8
Neither b nor n need to be whole numbers. The following example calculates 0.250.5:
POWER(0.25, 0.5) -> 0.5