The SFTP Data Operation securely transfers a file to a remote resource. An SFTP resource is required and can be created in the Console.
- Send a report to a remote server
- Use with a periodic task to remit a collection of assets on a regular interval
An SFTP data source with the correct username and password for the connection. To create an SFTP data source, see Creating SFTP Credentials.
An Asset Data Type to be sent to the remote server.
The hostname or IP to connect to.
The port on the remote server to connect to. The default for SFTP is 22. This is a number value.
Where on the remote server to place the file.
The filename to name the file on the remote server. If none is provided, the same filename will be used.
The returned object contains information about the SFTP operation. The object contains the following properties:
- success: a boolean representing whether the operation was successful
- message: a text message about the operation performed
- debug: an object containing information about the upload experience
- timing: object containing information about the time the operation took
- paths: information about the file or files being uploaded
- username: the SFTP username that performed the operation
- successMessage: a more detailed message about the operation performed
If an operation fails because of an invalid path, the operation might not return.