The Send Link Action is used to send links as part of a Conversation Chat Bot.
Accessing Conversation Actions requires an ENTERPRISE license. If you would like to enable this feature for your Airkit Organization, please contact your Airkit representative or contact [email protected].
The Send Link Action sends a hyperlink to the end user, allowing them to easily navigate to the designated URL. The streamlines the process of directing users to, for instance:
- Web pages containing your terms and conditions
- An Online store where they can place an order for a desired product
- YouTubes video that provide a demonstration of a procedure they have questions about
This defines the URL that the user will be linked to. In order for the Send Link Action to behave as intended, this must be a valid URL.
Clicking on the Airscript icon () to the bottom left of the expanded text box will allow you to define all or part of the URL with an Airscript expression. Edit inserted Airscript expressions by clicking on them and selecting either the Variable or the Custom Expression Tab.
- Variable Tab - allows the selection a variable to insert into the text.
- Custom Expression Tab - provides an expression editor capable of parsing custom Airscript expressions.
Clicking on the link icon to the direct right of the Airscript icon will insert a Journey Link into the URL field. Journey Links direct users back to the web portion of their Session. For a more detailed discussion of how this works, see Linking to Sessions.
In this example, the Send Link Action is used to send the user to a particular document within the Airkit support site. The exact document is defined dynamically, based on the value of the Global variable,
If, then, the variable
topic is assigned the value "add_to_date", the link will be sent as follows: