The Wait Data Operation delays a Data Flow for the specified number of seconds. It can be used when a delay is required by an external service, or to rate-limit certain actions like outgoing emails.
- Wait for a long-running external API process to complete before continuing a Data Flow.
- If an error occurs when using an external API, wait 10 seconds before retrying.
- When sending many emails, wait for 1 second between each one to avoid being marked as spam.
Data Operation Properties
Duration in Seconds
A Number specifying how many seconds to wait. This must be a whole number.
Duration cannot be lower than 1, and cannot be higher than 60.
If the duration is valid, the Wait Data Operation will wait for the given number of seconds, then return an object with "success" as true. If the duration is invalid, the operation will return a message describing why the duration is invalid.
For more information on integrating Airkit with external APIs, read Connecting Airkit to Your Systems.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Data Operation Overview
- The Transform Data Operation
- AirData Request Data Operation
- The Google Data Operation
- The Zendesk Data Operation
- The Salesforce Data Operation
- The Delete Assets Data Operation
- The Fetch Asset Details Data Operation
- The XML to JSON Data Operation
- The Fill PDF Form Data Operation