The Run Journey Event data operation allows Data Flows to run Journey Events within a user’s session or invoke an event in a different session. This is useful for performing client side operations (such as updating a web page, sending a text message, placing a phone call, etc) from within a data operation.
- Send a text message to a user to notify of an update from Portal Builder through a Data Flow, by taking the session ID from a stored value in AirData and passing it to the Run Journey Event Data Operation.
- Update a user’s Web Flow based on an update from another system by passing in the session ID from a stored value.
Data Operation Properties
Session ID corresponding to the session where the Journey Event will be run.
Dropdown of all existing Journey Events in the App to select the one to run.
This allows the running of this specific Journey Event to check the parameters have been correctly set. A Variable is automatically created to hold the results of this Data Operation. This will be an object describing the result of the operation.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Data Operation Overview
- The Journey Mapping Data Operation
- The Transform Data Operation
- AirData Request Data Operation
- The Google Data Operation
- The Zendesk Data Operation
- The Salesforce Data Operation
- The Delete Assets Data Operation
- The Fetch Asset Details Data Operation
- The XML to JSON Data Operation