The SFTP Data Operation securely file transfers a file to a remote resource. It requires an SFTP resource. Go to Console to create a resource.
- Sending a report to a remote server.
- Use with a periodic task to remit a collection of assets on a regular interval.
Data Operation Properties
An SFTP data source with the correct username and password for the connection.
An Asset Data Type to be sent to the remote server.
The URL or IP of the host to connect to.
The port on the remote server to connect to. The default for SFTP is 22. This is a number value.
Where on the remote server to place the file.
The filename to name the file on the remote server. If none is provided, the same filename will be used.
The returned object contains information about the SFTP operation. The object contains the following properties:
- success - a boolean representing whether the operation was a success.
- message - a text message about the operation performed.
- debug - an object containing information about the upload experience.
- timing - object containing information about the time the operation took.
- paths - information about the file or files being uploaded.
- username - the SFTP username that performed the operation.
- successMessage - a more detailed message about the operation performed.
Note: If an operation fails because of an invalid path, the operation might not return.
Check out Adding and Modifying Resources for more information on how to create a resource like an SFTP login resource. For information specifically on adding an SFTP integration, check out Creating SFTP Credentials.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Data Operation Overview
- The Transform Data Operation
- AirData Request Data Operation
- The Google Data Operation
- The Zendesk Data Operation
- The Salesforce Data Operation
- The Delete Assets Data Operation
- The Fetch Asset Details Data Operation
- The XML to JSON Data Operation
- The Fill PDF Form Data Operation