This Data Flow template is made up of three Data Operations that allow app builders to search for a contact record in Salesforce by its ID. This is achieved by connecting with the Salesforce integration and then passing data to this Data Flow.
In Connection Builder, Data Flow templates can be found with pre-populated sample data. However, to meet the requirements of their Journey, app builders should perform the necessary adjustments, such as adding other Data Ops.
Find a Contact by ID Operations
This Data Flow contains three parts:
The Start pane keeps track of the inputs required by the Data Flow.
- Datasource: Salesforce
- Operation: Find records (Find records in Salesforce of a type with conditions)
- Object Type: Contact (Contact)
- Fields: fields to return
- Last Name (LastName)
- First Name (FirstName)
- Mailing Street (MailingStreet)
- MailingCity (MailingCity)
- Mailing State/Province (MailingState)
- Mailing Zip/PostalCode (MailingPostalCode)
- Email (Email)
- Mobile (MobilePhone)
- Sort by: No sample values
- Conditions: to fetch Salesforce records
- Contact ID (Id) equals contact_id
- Condition Behaviour: No sample value selected
- Run Results: sf_contact output Variable of type Any that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
- Transform Expression: user_id.results.MailingStreet - Airscrit expression to retrieve the address of the user
- Output Format: Variable
- Type: List of Text
- Run Results: address_components output Variable of type List of Text that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
Transform Data Operation
- Transform Expression: Airscript expression to retrieve all user data and check for email and phone format
- Output Format: Variable
- Type: Any
- Run Results: contact output Variable of type Any that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
The End step is where variables from the Data Flow can be used as an output.
- contact Variable of type Any
- Allow app builders to find a contact in Salesforce by ID.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- Custom Image Radio Button List Web Flow Template
- Transform with Query Data Flow Template
- Find a Contact by ID (Salesforce) Data Flow Template
- Find a Task by ID (Salesforce) Data Flow Template
- Find a User by ID (Salesforce) Data Flow Template
- Create a Task (Salesforce) Data Flow Template
- Basic Transform Data Flow Template
- Collect Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) Web Flow Template
- AirData Delete Record Data Flow Template
- Location Selection with Map / Geolocation Web Flow Template