This Data Flow template is made up of two Data Operations that allow app builders to create a task in Salesforce. This is achieved by connecting with the Salesforce integration, passing data to this Data Flow and then creating a task with such data.
In Connections Builder, Data Flow templates can be found with pre-populated sample data. However, to meet the requirements of their Journey, app builders should perform the necessary adjustments, such as adding other Data Ops.
This Data Flow contains four parts:
The Start pane keeps track of the inputs required by the Data Flow.
- Sample Inputs:
+ task_datetime Variable of type DateTime
+ user_id Variable of type Text
+ contact_id Variable of type Text
+ subject Variable of type Text
- Datasource: Salesforce
- Operation: Create record (Create new record in Salesforce)
- Object Type: Task (Task)
- Object Body:
+ Name ID (Whold)
+ Subject (Subject)
+ Assigned To ID (OwnerId)
+ Status (Status)
- Waiting on someone else (Waiting on someone else)
+ Due date only (Activity Date)
- Airkit expression to format DateTime
+ Reminder Date/Time (Reminder Date Time)
- Airkit expression using the CONCAT function to add 15’ to DateTime
+ Reminder Set (IsReminderSet)
- Run Results: sf_task_result output Variable of type Any that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
- Transform Expression: sf_task_results.result.id - the Airscript expression to retrieve the ID of the task.
- Output Format: Variable
- Type: Text
- Run Results: task_id output Variable of type Text that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
The End step is where variables from the Data Flow can be used as an output..
- Sample Return Value: task_id of type Text
- Allow app builders to create a task in Salesforce.