This Data Flow template is made up of two Data Operations that allow app builders to create a ticket in Zendesk. This is achieved by connecting with the Zendesk integration, passing data to this Data Flow and then creating a ticket with such data.
In Connections Builder, Data Flow templates can be found with pre-populated sample data. However, to meet the requirements of their Journey, app builders should perform the necessary adjustments, such as adding other Data Ops.
Bear in mind that in order to use Zendesk as a datasource, credentials must be set in Settings > Integrations to connect the corresponding account.
Create a Ticket (ZD) Operations
This Data Flow contains four parts:
The Start pane keeps track of the inputs required by the Data Flow.
- Sample Inputs:
+ requester_id Variable of type number
+ ticket_subject Variable of type Text
+ ticket_description Variable of type Text
- Datasource: Zendesk
- Operation: Create ticket (Create ticket)
+ Use a custom expression - checked
- Tickets Fields:
+ Subject: [ticket_subject]
- First Comment (Description) Format: no format picked
- Is the first comment/description public?: unchecked - comment as internal note
- First Comment/Description: [ticket_description]
+ Use a custom expression: unchecked
- Run Results: zendesk_api output Variable of type Any that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
- Transform Expression: Airscript expression to check for errors.
- Output Format: Variable
- Type: Text
- Run Results: ticket_id output Variable of type Text that is automatically created to hold the results of this Operation.
The End step is where variables from the Data Flow can be used as an output.
- Sample Return Value: ticket_id of type Text
- Allow app builders to create tickets in Zendesk.